Configuration files on the Stratum-1 for a brand new domain name

Hi,

I would like to start replicating on the Stratum-1 the first repository for a new domain name I created on the Stratum-0.
I am having a look to documentation here Setting up a Replica Server (Stratum 1) — CernVM-FS 2.9.4 documentation
But it is not clear to me the exact config files I need.
I understand the minimum is:

• /etc/cvmfs/keys/foo.pub

• /etc/cvmfs/domain.d/foo.conf

Anything else?

Is the .conf file under /etc/cvmfs/domain.d/ the same file being distributed in the config repos
-/cvmfs/config-egi.egi.eu/etc/cvmfs/domain.d/iris.ac.uk.conf in this case-?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers,
Jose

Hi Jose,

You need the public key (as you say, /etc/cvmfs/keys/foo.pub) and you need the (stratum 1) server-side configuration files in /etc/cvmfs/repositories.d/foo/.... Note that these configuration files are different from the stratum 0 / publisher node files. I think the easiest is to use the cvmfs_server add-replica command to create the blueprint of the files from where you can edit and add them to the configuration management system.

Cheers,
Jakob

Thanks a lot Jakob. So, I understand then that a file under /etc/cvmfs/domain.d/ is not strictly needed. Is that correct?

Cheers,
Jose

Yes, the /etc/cvmfs/domain.d/ area is for the clients.

Hmm, then I wonder why we have it on the Stratum-1s, given we don’t have the client installed on them… :slight_smile: