How to distribute public keys for new domain names

Hello,

I am trying to find in the documentation the process to distribute the public keys for new repositories with a brand new domain name. No luck so far.
I just need to be pointed to the right place where it is documented.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers,
Jose

Hi Jose,

Maybe I misunderstood the question, all the keys for a repository can be found in the /etc/cvmfs/keys directory. The public key files (<REPONAME>.pub) can be copied to client machines.

Is this helpful?

Cheers,

Hi,

The question was more about a practical approach to distribute them worldwide, rather than the location. How to get many clients to install them.

Wasn’t there a generic repository, hosted at CERN, with configurations and keys? Or I am totally confused?

Cheers,
Jose

Jose,

As you know, configurations and keys go in configuration repositories. There is documentation about how those work in the cvmfs documentation, but the management of configuration repositories is at a higher level and not really at the cvmfs level itself. So it probably does not belong in the cvmfs documentation.

The 3 main world-wide configuration repositories for the HTC/grid world are the CERN “default” configuration, the EGI configuration, and the OSG configuration. They are all managed through a shared github repository. Perhaps there should be a better explanation of what that’s all about in the README there.

Dave

Hi Dave,

yeah, I think that is the repo I had in mind, indeed.
So, if I create a new domain name, expecting to serve multiple repos in the future, that would be the place to add the keys and config files, right?

Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Jose

That is correct.

Dave